Every day, each one of us feels like we are being pulled in eight different directions — with employees or colleagues, clients, spouses and kids, our boss. It’s hard to find the time to focus on what we need to do in order to succeed.
That is why we are thrilled to announce the return of a very popular event that we know will have huge impact on our ability to be true leaders. For the third year in a row, we will be the local simulcast site of Leadercast® — to be held this year on May 5 at Movie Tavern in Covington, and sponsored by Chevron. Last year’s event attracted nearly 200 attendees from around the region, filling up two theaters at Movie Tavern. We received tremendous feedback and know that this year will not disappoint.
Leadercast is the largest one-day leadership event in the world. Broadcast live each year from Atlanta to 100,000+ people in hundreds of locations around the world, Leadercast brings together many of the world’s most recognized and respected global leaders to create a leadership experience unlike any other.
This year’s theme, Powered by Purpose, will explore what defines us, drives us and empowers us.
What does it mean to be powered by purpose? To be part of a purpose-driven organization? To work with a team of people who understand the meaning in addition to the metrics? To recognize that why you do what you do matters as much or more than what you do?
Purpose is the glue of an organization and the fuel for an individual. Today’s organization can’t rely on old practices; a new organization is emerging and the center of its driving force is the igniting power of purpose. Just consider these facts:
- Companies with ideals of improving people’s lives at the center of all they do outperform others by 400% (as found by The Ritz Carlton Leadership Center).
- More than 70% of people consider an organization’s environmental and/or social impact when deciding where to work (according to HRZone).
- Employees who feel they are working toward a good cause show increased productivity by up to 30% (as per Tonin, Mirco and Michael Vlassopouls’ report on Corporate Philanthropy and Productivity).
- People who are able to make a social or environmental impact while on the job are more satisfied by 2:1 (according to HRZone).
This year, the Leadercast event will explore what can happen when teams and individuals are connected by purpose, creating a strong organizational culture with intentional leadership that inspires extraordinary results.
This year’s speaker lineup includes:
- Andy Stanley – Leadership author and communicator
- Molly Fletcher – Sports agent, author and world-renowned public speaker
- Tyler Perry – New Orleans native, director, screenwriter, producer, actor, author and entrepreneur
- Dr. Henry Cloud — Leadership expert, clinical psychologist and best-selling author
- Suzy Welch – Leadership expert and best-selling author
- Jim McKelvey – Co-founder of Square and founder of LaunchCode
- Daniel Pink – Behavioral science expert, author and host of Crowd Control
- Jess Ekstrom – CEO of Headbands of Hope
- Donald Miller – CEO of Storybrand
Tickets for members are $99 (early bird rate through February 28) or $110 (beginning March 1). A member company registering five or more employees can take advantage of a special group rate of $89 per person. The price for non-members is $125. Click here for more information about Leadercast (including full bios on all the speakers) or to purchase tickets, or call 985-273-3001. And follow us at facebook.com/leadercaststtammany.